Meet Briarcliff Administrator Jennifer Wright!
- How long have you been with Briarcliff Skilled Nursing? I’ve been back with Stonegate for nine months but have been with the company a total of three and a half years.
- What does your job entail? My job encompasses many areas. Some of those areas, to name a few, are management of all employee groups, employee retention, employee satisfaction, management of facility census, resident care, resident satisfaction, meeting or exceeding budgetary expectations, as well as meeting or exceeding regulatory requirements.
- What do you like most about your job? I enjoy seeing residents smile and enjoy daily activities with the staff. It is rewarding to see the residents and staff bond and form relationships.
- What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far? I have learned not to take myself too seriously and to take time for myself. In this setting you must be able to laugh at yourself and have fun when you are at work. It is also important to take time for yourself. It is easy to get so involved in work that you forget you have a home and family of your own to take care of.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? My first career choice was in the legal field. I wanted to pursue a career as an attorney when I was in high school but life happened and I became a nurse. After 20 years of nursing I decided I would complete a Business degree and became an Administrator.
- What do you like to do when you aren’t working? When I’m not working I enjoy being outside in the yard, at the gym with friends, spending time with my family, inside with a good book, or just watching a good movie.
- What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know? I am extremely introverted.
- Where’s your favorite place in the world? I don’t really know if I have a favorite place in the world but I’m happiest in an area with water and mountains.
- What is your motto or personal mantra? Everything begins inside your mind. With the right mindset you will succeed.
If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why? I always wanted to meet Elizabeth Smart. Her story has always inspired me and shown me we do not always have to be victims of our circumstances but yet can be stronger because of them.
- Three words to best describe you: Stubborn, Dependable, Loyal
- What is the one thing, you can’t live without? My family.
- What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love? Big Brother.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? Predicting the future.
- What is one food that you cannot resist? Pepperoni pizza.